The second event in the series of “FUB Lunch-time Debates on the Future of Higher Education Internationalization” will focus on the intersection of academic travel (which includes international student mobility) and HEI’s approach towards a more sustainable future. While climate change is coined “the next crisis”, which approach can institutions take to walk the walk and put their sustainability goals into action? Can the need for study abroad, building international networks and advancing university careers on a global scale be reconciled with the goal of reducing our and our institutions’ carbon footprint? Who needs to take the lead and how can we future-proof our universities’ missions?
- Dr. Susann Görlinger, Project Lead Flight Reduction ETH Zurich
- Dr. Richard Axelby, Programme Manager for the Global Research Network on Parliaments and People, SOAS London
- Dr. Esther Dusabe-Richards, Postdoctoral Research Fellow on Praxis: Arts and Humanities for Global Development, University of Leeds
- Dr. Astrid Eichhorn, Associate Professor of Theoretical Physics, University of Southern Denmark / University of Heidelberg; Speaker for the Work Group “Sustainability” at Junge Akademie
- Prof. Dr. Verena Blechinger-Talcott, Vice-President International & Sustainability, Freie Universität Berlin
Date and Time: December 10, 2020, 12:30 – 13:30 CET
Venue: Online via WebEx, successfully registered participants will receive the link in due course
Registration: please register at www.fu-berlin.de/watersheds
The next talks in this series will be announced shortly.
Zeit & Ort
10.12.2020 | 12:30