Springe direkt zu Inhalt

Changing your Personal Information

New to Berlin?

Please remember to register at the Local Registration Office (Bürgeramt) in accordance with the ´Meldegesetz´.

Changing your address and/or phone number

As a student at Freie Universität Berlin you are eligible to change your address and/or phone number through web-service (login with your FU-student account (note: not an employee account).

Usually, shortly after your enrollment you will be informed about your personal FU-student account by ZEDAT (Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung). Should you have not yet received your student account with the Freie Universität Berlin granting access to our online-services please immediately contact ZEDAT (Zentraleinrichtung für Datenverarbeitung) in order to set up your account.

Changing your name

Please notify the Student Records and Registration Office  of any name change as soon as possible. Please provide a copy of your identification document or of the certification of the name change.

Because of the digitalization process for the summer semester 2020, it was necessary to attach a new system to the identity management of the FU Berlin and to intensify the use of existing systems. If you want to register by Webex or Blackboard in the future, but do not want to use your officially registered name, persons that have a dgti-additional identification card can apply for the relevant name entry with student administrative services.  Please be aware that this name will only be used for both of these systems.

Please submit an informal application and a copy of the dgti-additional identification card.