Please submit the following documents within the given enrollment deadline by postal mail:
- If applicable, a copy of your admissions notice
If you did not yet receive the admissions notice please view the decision about your admission by visiting your online application portal and clicking on “Claim - admission”. If a “Yes” is entered in the “Admission”-field you can submit your completed Enrollment Application form without attaching a copy of the admissions notice
- Your completed Enrollment Application, if you are not yet enrolled at Freie Universität Berlin
If you are already enrolled at Freie Universität Berlin and wish to change programs, please complete the Application to Change Programs (skip No. 12 to 15)
- Officially certified copy of your university entrance qualification (high school diploma or equivalent), along with an official translation if your university entrance qualification document was issued in any language other than German or English (not required if you have applied via uni-assist)
- If applicable, officially certified copy of proof of the activities relevant to your studies, if you have stated anything regarding such activities in your online application
- If applicable, latest enrollment certificate from any German university that you have been enrolled to, stating the course of study, number of semesters within the subject (Fachsemester) and total number of semesters of higher education (Hochschulsemester) completed to date
- If applicable, your prior admissions notification and an officially certified copy of your military recommendation when preferential admission is sought
- If applicable, officially certified copy of your earlier degree or certificateif you wish to enroll in a program toward a second degree, a master’s degree, or a doctorate, along with an official translation if your degree or certificate was issued in any language other than German or English (not required for applications via uni-assist)
- Officially certified copy of the registration certificate on your principal residence with a legal guardian at application time, if admitted within the contingent for minors (indicated by the number 15/ ranking 24 next to the barcode on the notice of admission)
- If applicable, officially certified copy of a language certificate, if your language skills are not documented in your certificate of eligibility for university study
- If applicable, officially certified copy of proof of sufficient knowledge of German (DSH, TestDaF), if you have a foreign certificate of eligibility for university study
- If applicable, copy of the certificate regarding credit points for previous studies, issued by the appropriate board of examiners/department representative
- Proof of health insurance for the university or a copy of a certificate of exemption from compulsory coverage from a German statutory health insurance provider (chip card or member ID is not sufficient). Explanation and description of health insurance certificates here.
- If applicable, copy of your certificate of withdrawal/removal from the student register (Exmatrikulationsbescheinigung) from your most recently attended German university
- A copy of a valid form of identification (e. g., passport or ID) verifying your complete surname, first name, date of birth, address and expiration date.
You are permitted to black out sections that are irrelevant to the proof of your identity. The copy´s sole purpose is to verify your identity and to protect you from potential identity theft. Once your enrollment is completed this copy is immediately destroyed.The submission of a valid visa copy to universities is not necessary. Further information is available on the Foreigners Registration Office website.
- A copy of your bank statement or transfer voucher verifying the payment of semester fees and contributions as well as the costs of your transportation pass (Semesterticket) made out to Freie Universität Berlin, DEUTSCHE BANK PGK AG, IBAN: DE45100708480513128908, BIC: DEUTDEDB110, Intended purpose: Your last name / Your first name / Your applicant No. (Bewerbungsnummer BW); see also Enrollment Application and Fees and Contributions.
If you are transferring your payment from abroad, please be sure to adjust the sum accordingly to accommodate any incurred bank transfer fees. In some cases, the payment partner needs information about the address of the university’s main bank in order to process payments from foreign countries. The main branch of the DEUTSCHE BANK PGK AG is located at: Unter den Linden 13 - 15, 10117 Berlin.
Information on the status of your enrollment application is available over the online application portal.
Once all requirements are met, including received payment of all fees and contributions as well as the costs of your transportation pass (Semesterticket) by the Freie Universitaet Berlin your enrollment will be finalized.