Springe direkt zu Inhalt

Application for Higher Subject-specific Semesters

website is being revised

You want to apply for a higher semester of a single-subject bachelor program (Monobachelor) or of a combination bachelor program (Kombinationsbachelor)?

Then please apply within the deadline using the online form of uni-assist.

Before you fill in the online application form please read carefully our information concerning transfer from another location respectively transfer from another program.

Please note: If you have already started a course of study in an EU member state and wish to continue your studies at Freie Universität, you are considered as “Studienortwechsler/in" (transfer student between institutions of higher education). 

If you wish to apply for a combination bachelor program and the subject-specific semesters of the components are not the same, please enter the respective subject-specific semester in the online form of uni-assist. Please always check in advance the possibilities of combinations (available in German only) whether the desired combination of core subject and module(s) is valid.

Please note that you can make only one application for a higher subject-specific semester per application period.


  1. Please fill out the appropriate online application form carefully and do not forget to transmit it to uni-assist. (Freie Universität Berlin will only accept applications provided with the uni-assist online form!)
  2. Upload all required documents to the uni-assist application portal by the deadline.
  3. Applicants coming from China or Vietnam have to submit the original certification from an Academic Evaluation Centre (Akademische Prüfstelle (APS)) in addition to the required documents. Academic Evaluation Centres are service institutions of the Cultural Affairs Section of the German Embassies in cooperation with the German Academic Exchange Service (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD)). Academic Evaluation Centres are located in Peking and Hanoi.
  4. Check carefully on the basis of the following list if your application is complete.

In order to check the formal requirements, uni-assist needs the following documents from all applicants:

school leaving and university certificates which are part of your university entrance qualification
official translations of all certificates if issued in any language other than English or German issued by sworn translators only or by an institution being entitled to translations for official purposes
proof of sufficient knowledge of German depending on the requested study course
earlier university degree or certificate if you already earned a first degree in Germany or an EU member state
enrollment certificate (if not issued in German or English together with a translation) enrollment certificate (if not issued in German or English together with a translation)

Incomplete applications will not be transferred to Freie Universität by uni-assist.

Address for application (please use the online-application form only!)

Freie Universität Berlin
c/o uni-assist e.V.
D-11507 Berlin

Online-Studienfachwahl-Assistenten der Freien Universität
Online information