Frequently Used Links | Websites
This page lists links of databases and web sites concerning the United Nations and the European Union.
An extensive collection of databases is accessible through the Database Information System (DBIS) on the web site of the University Library of Freie Universitaet Berlin: United Nations / International Organizations and European Union.Please take note of the Terms and Conditions of Use for Electronic Resources Licensed to the Freie Universität Berlin.
- Curia – Rulings by the Court of Justice of the European Union and Official Publications of Rulings by the courts which, combined, form the Court of Justice of the European Union.
- ESO (European Sources Online) – Internet-based English-language information service with bibliographic and full-text information about the EU, starting 1998/99ff. (Some coverage of websites.)
- EU Bookshop – EU Publications.
- EUR-Lex – Access to the Official Journal of the European Union, to EU court rulings, international agreements, EFTA documents, EU law, legal cases.
- Eurobarometer – Search tool for trends-questions database.
- European e-Justice Portal – Central point of access for legal topics.
- European Parliament Legislative Observatory (OEIL) – Database for monitoring the EU decision-making process.
- Eurostat – Key to European statistics.
- EuroVoc – multilingual multidisciplinary thesaurus, covering the terminology for the European Union's areas of activity with emphasis on parlamentary matters.
United Nations / International Organisations
- United Nations German Translation Section – Translates the General Assembly's official documents as well as the Security Council's and the Economic and Social Council's resolutions into German.
- Official Document System (ODS) – Official Document System of the United Nations.
- UNBISnet – United Nations bibliographic information system compiled by the Dag Hammarskjöld Library
- UNBIS Thesaurus – Terminology used in United Nations documents and other relevant United Nations materials.
- UNdata – Internet-based data services provided by the United Nations for users worldwide.
- UNOG (The United Nations Office at Geneva) – Library and archives
- UNTC (United Nations Treaty Collection) – Full-text collection of treaties and international agreements published by the Secretariat of the United Nations. It includes not only the actual treaties, but also reservations made by the contracting states and further information, concerning, for instance, the ratification status for the respective contracts.