Information by University Library Concerning Corona-Virus-Related Service Restrictions
As a precautionary measure, all Freie Universität Berlin libraries (University Library and department libraries) will remain closed from 14 March 2020 until further notice.
News from Mar 13, 2020
During that period, physical materials can be neither taken out on loan nor returned through the library portal Primo. Also, both regular requests and hold requests are suspended for all physical materials.
Freie Universität Berlin members can access all licensed eletronic texts and sources from any location through the library portal Primo (http://primo.fu-berlin.de).
- Loan periods for all items taken out will be adapted accordingly.
- During the time in question, no new reminder fees will be triggered.
- Hold requests already placed for items that are currently out on loan will remain in place.
- All materials already on hold (i.e., delivered to circulation desks waiting to be picked up) will remain on hold for one week after resumption of operations.
- Requests for available items in stacks will not be accepted during that period.
- Interlibrary-loan requests will not be accepted during that period.
- Please do not send any items back by mail.
- The book-drops for returns next to the University Library main entrance will remain open.
We will keep you informed about all further organizational matters right here.