Student Ambassador Program at Freie Universität Berlin
You are a student at Freie Universität and would like to share your experience with others? Perfect! Apply now for the second run of our Student Ambassador Program!
We are looking forward to applications from international students, who are staying at least year in Berlin.
Last year, Anna, Ann-Kathrin, Björn and Matthias gave many insights as ambassadors. After this great start, we are now looking forward to new ideas and approaches.
Why is there the ambassador program?
Before taking up a course of study, many prospective students do not only ask themselves the (often difficult) question of what to study, but also where. Most of them have to decide on a university without first being able to have a look at it. And the closer you get to the start of your studies, the more questions arise. Especially if you plan to study abroad. You probably remember this time well. And that's exactly why you are needed in this program.
Your input as an ambassador should support prospective students by introducing the university from your point of view and by reporting authentically about your experiences. By using videos, photos, and short articles published on the social media channels of Freie Universität Berlin, prospective students will gain an insight into student and campus life at the university.
What are your tasks as an ambassador?
Generating ideas within the team, finding topics, setting priorities and summarize in a concept.
Afterwards you show student and campus life by:
- taking pictures,
- shooting short videos
- writing articles for social media, website and blog
We are looking forward to your creative ideas and your active work. We will talk with you and the other ambassadors in advance about the tasks everyone will take on, you do not have to be an all-round talent.
We will provide you with a smartphone, accessories as well as apps for editing and postproduction.
Why should you become an ambassador?
You will get:
- a remuneration for the duration of the cooperation (approx. 3 months, 10 hours per week),
- a certificate of participation in the Student Ambassadors Program,
- a training (photos and short videos for social media)
- the opportunity to bring prospective students closer to real university life
- the great experience of participating in an exciting program ;)
Who can become an ambassador?
Enrolled students of Freie Universität Berlin who
- study Bachelor or Master programs (the subject is irrelevant)
- are exchange students for at least one year
- have time from mid-September to mid-December 2020 (on average ten hours per week, including weekly update meetings with the Central Student Marketing Department)
- are fluent in spoken and written German or English at a very good level,
- want to work creatively
You can apply until 6 September 2020 via the online application form
When does it start?
In the week after the application deadline there will be short interviews to get to know each other and the Ambassador Team 2020 will be put together. The team should start with brainstorming and conception in mid-September, before the shootings begin.
If you have any questions regarding the Student Ambassador Program, please contact the Student Marketing and Communications Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.