Through validation, the innovation potential of research findings is systematically proven and possible areas of application are explored. The BMBF supports this further research and development work through the VIP+ funding program. The program is open to all disciplines, and applications can be submitted on an ongoing basis.
- Promising research result and the idea of harnessing these findings for commercial purposes. Projects are geared toward the needs and requirements of subsequent commercialization and/or use within society
- Technological and/or social innovations
- Inclusion of innovation mentors and possibly further stakeholders with knowledge gleaned from experience with successful innovation processes
- Support provided for a period of up to three years
- Aid is typically not to exceed 500,000 euros per project, per year (1.5 million euros total)
- Funding is provided for personnel, equipment and materials, and travel; in isolated cases, funding is also provided for project-related investments that are not attributable to the applicant’s basic equipment and supplies
- The higher education institution submits the application.
Further information on this program: www.validierungsfoerderung.de