VIP+: Validation of the technological and social innovation potential of scientific and academic research
Through validation, the innovation potential of research findings is systematically proven and possible areas of application are explored. The BMBF supports this further research and development work through the VIP+ funding program. The program is open to all disciplines, and applications can be submitted on an ongoing basis.
Scholars, scientists, researchers
- Promising research result and the idea of harnessing these findings for commercial purposes. Projects are geared toward the needs and requirements of subsequent commercialization and/or use within society
- Technological and/or social innovations
- Inclusion of innovation mentors and possibly further stakeholders with knowledge gleaned from experience with successful innovation processes
- Support provided for a period of up to three years
- Aid is typically not to exceed 500,000 euros per project, per year (1.5 million euros total)
- Funding is provided for personnel, equipment and materials, and travel; in isolated cases, funding is also provided for project-related investments that are not attributable to the applicant’s basic equipment and supplies
- The higher education institution submits the application.
Further information on this program: www.validierungsfoerderung.de