The agreement includes the following
- Publish and Read-Element (PAR).
- Authors affiliated with Freie Universität Berlin as a DEAL participating institution can publish their articles open access without receiving an invoice from Springer Nature.
- The agreement covers over 1.900 hybrid journals.
The open access publication process
- Submission and editorial acceptance: corresponding author receives an invitation from Springer to finalize the publication process of the submitted article.
- Author identification: corresponding author identifies himself or herself as affiliated with FU.
- Verification: an identified article is forwarded to the University Library (Team Dokumentenserver) for the final verification check.
- Publication: As soon as your affiliation has been confirmed by us, the article is published open access. The OA Funding Note (acknowledgement) is added to your article.
Publication in a hybrid journal
- In case of rejection, you have the possibility to finance the open access publication of the article from your own funds or to publish your article in a traditional way (closed access).
- Applies to hybrid journals: After the identification the authors have the option to "Opt-out“, i.e. they can deny the open access publication of their article.
Guidelines and help