The University Library concluded agreements within the framework of Alliance Licences and National Licences with a number of publishers. These agreements allow the authors affiliated with Freie Universität to publish open access either at a discounted publishing fee or free of charge. Please provide your official FU mail address when submitting your publication.
Please note that the agreements with Sage Journals and Cambridge University Press do not include any central invoicing to the University Library. The discounted publication charges must paid by the department.
- Karger: The FU Berlin is participating in the national consortium for Karger journals. With the Publish & Read model corresponding authors affiliated with the FU can publish their articles in hybrid Karger journals without any additional fees. You can find step-by-step instructions here.
- Cambridge University Press (CUP): The University Library of Freie Universität participates in the Read & Publish model of CUP whereby the FU authors have the possibility to publish their articles open access free of charge in the subscription journals. The following step-by-step guide explains the publication process. You will find further information here. Please note that your faculty will issue the invoice.
- SAGE Journals: Authors from Freie Universität receive a 20% discount on the APCs on all proprietary SAGE Gold. This discount is available for articles that enter SAGE’s production system from 1 January 2019 (after peer review and acceptance). You can find further information here. Please note that your faculty will issue the invoice.
- Institute of Physics (IOP): Members of Freie Universität have the possibility to publish on an open access basis in the majority of IOP’s hybrid journals. The cost of hybrid article publication charges (APCs) will be balanced against journal license fees paid by the Freie Universität. You can find further information here.
- Springer Nature und Projekt DEAL: The DEAL project aims to license nationwide offers from large academic publishers (e-journals) with an open access component. The most extensive open access agreement to date has been signed between Springer Nature and Pojekt DEAL. Researchers affiliated with over 700 DEAL institutions have extensive access to Springer Nature's journal portfolio. Authors affiliated with Freie Universität Berlin can publish not only in Gold Open Access journals, but also in Springer Nature's subscription journals. You can find an author guide here.
- Wiley and Project DEAL: In January 2019, a Read and Publish agreement for 2019 - 2021 was signed between Wiley and the Project DEAL. This means that authors affiliated with Freie Universität Berlin can publish open access in Wiley open access journals without individual invoicing, i.e. without any individual costs (for articles with APCs up to 2.000€ incl. tax). Furthermore, on July 1, 2019 an optional open access publishing in Wiley hybrid journals has started. More information here.
- De Gruyter: From now on members of Freie Universität Berlin can publish the following types of publication in open access with de Gruyter: articles in full open access journals, monographs and book chapters. Standard of publication is the CC BY license. Please find more information here.
If you need advice, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.