The new model contains the following components:
- Permanent full-text access to the publisher’s complete journal portfolio back to year 1997. For a number of journals, there are also national licences allowing accessing the volumes preceding 1997.
- Eligibility for hybrid open access publishing („Wiley OnlineOpen“).
- 20% discount on the „Article Processing Charges“ in gold open access journals.
How do you proceed as an author?
- While submitting your manuscript in OnlineOpen journalsor on acceptance via Wiley publication platform (Author Services), please choose Freie Universität Berlin as your institution.
For further details, see Online Open Workflow.
- Upon acceptance of the article for a Wiley Hybrid OnlineOpen journal, you, as a corresponding author, will need to confirm the previously chosen OnlineOpen Option in your Wiley Author Services Dashboard, fill in your affiliation and add the appropriate Creative Commons License.
- In respect to the question who covers the article publication charge (APC), you should choose the following option: „My institution or funder has an agreement with Wiley and may pay the article publication charge."
- The details concerning the article will be then sent to the University Library of Freie Universität Berlin, Redaktion Dokumentenserver, for verification and confirmation.
- Once your manuscript is accepted, you will also see this in your Wiley Open Access Account Dashboard.
- Please that the cover charges are not a component part of the DEAL contract. In case of selection they are invoiced separately to the customer.
- In case of articles in gold open access journals, the manuscript submission takes place with an electronic manuscript submission tool (Electronic Editorial Office) of the journals. Within the scope of the DEAL agreement, you will receive a 20% discount on price list. This applies only to articles with APCs up to 2.000€ incl. tax.
- Please navigate to the website http://www.wileyauthors.com/accountcodes, choose your institution from the list of Wiley Open Access Accounts and find the respective code for the FU Berlin. Copy the code and enter it into the appropriate field in the payment area.
- Further information