In March 2017, Freie Universität Berlin concluded agreements with renowned Open Access publishers. The memberships contribute substantially to making the Open Access publishing less bureaucratic. Open Access should form an integral publication mode. Members of Freie Universität submit their articles as corresponding or submitting author as usual and they do not have to take care of paying the publication fees.
Cogitatio Press is a Portuguese open access publisher currently publishing four journals in social sciences. All journals are indexed in DOAJ and are published under the CC-BY license.
Do you want to publish in Cogitatio Press?
- Please select the journal (Media and Communication | Politics and Governance | Social Inclusion | Urban Planning).
- Submit your manuscript via the website (Login) of the journal.
- This reduced publication fee is covered by Freie Universität Berlin.
- Payment for APCs is regulated by the framework agreement that Freie Universität Berlin has concluded with Cogitatio Press. There are no costs involved.
Copernicus Publications is a publisher of scientific literature in fields of Geo- and Earth system sciences (natural sciences, engineering sciences, life sciences). Any usage rights are regulated through the Creative Commons License (CC-BY 4.0).
You want to publish in Copernicus Publications?
- First you have to register via the website.
- Each journal has its own web presence. There you find all important information about the submitting process.
- Copernicus Publ. calculates article processing charges (APCs) per published page. Levied charges will be paid by the University Library of Freie Universität Berlin, provided that they do not exceed 2000€ brutto (tax included). The billing (invoice) goes directly to Freie Universität Berlin.
- Please note: Not all journals are part of the agreement for a central invoicing (see list of involved journals)! More information can be found here.
- The membership includes the following types of manucripts: research articles, reviews, technical notes and corrigenda.
MDPI (Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute) is a platform for peer-reviewed, scientific open access journals and publishes over 300 open access journals (list).
Do you want to publish in MDPI?
- Submit your manuscript via the Submission System (login).
- Authors are prompted in the last step of submission to determine if they are eligible for discounts under the open access program. Please indicate Freie Universität Berlin as your institution/affiliation (see Screenshot). The Document Server Editorial Team will check your data and starts the incoice processing.
- MDPI provides 10% discount on article processing charges.
- Please note that the publication fee is fixed to 2.000 EUR (excl. VAT) per article for central invoicing.
- For helpful information regarding APCs please see: Article Processing Charges Information.
The US publisher Public Library of Science (PLOS) publishes pure Open Access journals in the natural and life sciences and related disciplines. The Open Access framework agreement that Freie Universität Berlin has concluded with PLOS includes free publishing for FU authors in all PLOS journals.
Are you a corresponding author and would like to publish in PLOS ?
- Please follow the Submission Guidelines (Editorial Manager).
- While submitting your manuscript, please indicate Freie Universität Berlin
as your institution/affiliation (see screenshot and further information here).
- The billing (invoice) goes directly to Universitätsbibliothek der Freien Universität Berlin.
The published articles will be indexed by the scientific citation service Web of Science. In addition, all publications will also be deposited in the institutional repository Refubium.
The publication must include an acknowledgment describing the funding of Freie Universität Berlin. Our suggestions:
Open Access Funding provided by the Freie Universität Berlin.
Gefördert aus Open-Access-Publikationgeldern der Freien Universität Berlin.