In March 2017, Freie Universität Berlin concluded agreements with renowned Open Access publishers. The memberships contribute substantially to making the Open Access publishing less bureaucratic. Open Access should form an integral publication mode. Members of Freie Universität submit their articles as corresponding or submitting author as usual and they do not have to take care of paying the publication fees.
The published articles will be indexed by the scientific citation service Web of Science.
In addition, all publications will also be deposited in the institutional repository Refubium.
PLOS ONE is a multidisciplinary Open Access Journal offered by the Public Library of Science and covering all disciplines within science and medicine.
Do you want to publish in PLOS ONE?
- Please follow the Submission Guidelines (Editorial Manager).
- While submitting your manuscript, please indicate Freie Universität Berlin
as your institution/affiliation (see screenshot and further information here).
- The billing (invoice) goes directly to Freie Universität Berlin.
MDPI (Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute) is a platform for peer-reviewed, scientific open access journals and publishes over 160 open access journals (list).
Do you want to publish in MDPI?
- Submit your manuscript via the Submission System (login).
- Authors are prompted in the last step of submission to determine if they are eligible for discounts under the open access program. Please indicate Freie Universität Berlin as your institution/affiliation (see Screenshot). The Document Server Editorial Team will check your stated data and do the bill.
- MDPI provides 10% discount on article processing charges.
- For helpful information regarding the submission process see: Information for Authors.
Frontiers Media S.A. is an open access publisher of scientific articles in fields ranging from biomedicine and physics or engineering to arts humanities.
Do you want to publish in Frontiers?
- Submit your manuscript via the website (Login)
- If you have questions concerning the procedure, please consult the Frontiers Help Center.
- After you have uploaded your documents, you have to select Freie Universität Berlin as institution listed in the section headed "Choose Payer".
- The publication fee is fixed to max. 2050USD / 1680€.
Copernicus Publications is a publisher of scientific literature in fields of Geo- and Earth system sciences (natural sciences, engineering sciences, life sciences). Any usage rights are regulated through the Creative Commons License (CC-BY 4.0).
You want to publish in Copernicus Publications?
- First you have to register via the website.
- Each journal has its own web presence. There you find all important information about the submitting process.
- Copernicus Publ. calculates article processing charges (APCs) per published page. Levied charges will be paid by the University Library of Freie Universität Berlin, provided that they do not exceed 2000€ brutto (tax included). The billing (invoice) goes directly to Freie Universität Berlin.
- Please note: Not all journals are part of the agreement for a central invoicing! (see list of involved journals here)
- The membership includes the following types of manucripts: research articles, reviews, technical notes and corrigenda.
Cogitatio Press is a Portuguese open access publisher currently publishing four journals in social sciences. All journals are indexed in DOAJ and are published under the CC-BY license.
Do you want to publish in Cogitatio Press?
- Please select the journal (Media and Communication | Politics and Governance | Social Inclusion | Urban Planning).
- Submit your manuscript via the website (Login) of the journal.
- The publisher grants 20% discount from the article processing fee.
- This reduced publication fee is covered from the Open Access Publication Fund of Freie Universität Berlin.