Applications for PhD and MD positions in 2018 currently accepted
The Berlin School of Integrative Oncology (BSIO) is funded within the Excellence Initiative of the German federal and state governments.
The BSIO offers a structured 3-year doctoral program jointly educating natural scientists and physicians/medical students in the field of integrative oncology and features excellent research conditions, a comprehensive curriculum and a broad supervision and mentoring network. With respect to its scientific scope, the BSIO aims to bring our understanding of malignant growth to new conceptual levels, i.e. to expand the molecular, cell biological, organismic and system-mathematical research focus by utilizing advanced experimental and simulatory models to develop novel diagnostics and innovative therapeutic principles, and to make them rapidly available for clinical testing.
Eligibility criteria - PhD (Dr. rer. nat.) track:
- M.Sc. in basic sciences or equivalent or
- B.Sc. in basic sciences (fast track) or
- in rare cases: enrolment in medical school/graduation from medical school (excellent grades and research experience required)
- PLEASE NOTE: you can apply for the program even if you have not obtained your M.Sc. degree yet, you are still eligible for the program if you will be awarded the M.Sc. degree until November 2018 (please provide an overview of your grades obtained in your M.Sc. program so far in this case)
Eligibility criteria - MD (Dr. med.) track:
- enrolment in medical school or
- graduation from medical school
Eligibility criteria – transdisciplinary PhD track:
M.Sc. or equivalent in social sciences or humanities (potentially in addition to a M.Sc. (or equivalent) in basic science
Additional requirements for all applicants:
- a proof of English proficiency, e.g., the TOEFL, IELTS or BULATS test, is mandatory for all applicants except
» if English is the applicant’s native language or
» if more than two years of the applicant’s education (during B.Sc./M.Sc. or equivalent) has been entirely in English (you will need to provide a proof for this)
- the miminum score for admission is 90 (TOEFL) or 6,5 (IELTS) --> PLEASE NOTE: you can apply for the BSIO even if you will receive your test results after June 19, but you should have registered for a test of English proficiency before the deadline and need to provide us with the test results before July 27, 2018
- reference letters by two referees chosen by the applicant (PLEASE NOTE: as soon as an applicant has filled in the referees' email addresses in the respective fields of the application tool, referees will automatically receive a link to our online platform with a request to fill in a reference form, so you should have contacted your referees before you fill in their e-mail addresses)
Application and Deadline
Applications for PhD and MD positions are currently accepted. The deadline for applications is June 19, 2018.
Application is possible via the BSIO online application portal only.
Further information is available on the website of the BSIO.