Courses and Workshops
- Dahlem Research School supports doctoral and postdoctoral researchers in their professional development for their future careers in academia and beyond. It offers workshops and courses in the areas:
• Research Integrity & Skills
• Writing & Publishing
• Teaching & Presenting
• Funding, Managing & Completing your Research
• Career Orientation & Development
Doctoral and postdoctoral researchers at member institutions of the Berlin University Alliance (Freie Universität Berlin, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Technische Universität Berlin und Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin) can visit courses and workshops at Dahlem Research School free of charge.
Other institutions offering courses for postdocs:
- The Berlin Center for Higher Education Instruction (BZHL) offers academic staff a broad-based, systematic way of obtaining skills and qualifications on the topics of teaching and learning. The BZHL is sponsored by all of the state-operated higher education institutions in the state of Berlin. Its joint office is hosted by Technische Universität Berlin.
- The Continuing Education Center (Weiterbildungszentrum) at Freie Universität Berlin offers professional and continuing education courses, focusing on key qualifications and on developing personal skills. The range of topics offered includes rhetoric and public speaking, academic writing and speaking, giving presentations in English, building an academic profile, professional academic applications, and self-presentation.