Call for Applications
Research Fellowships for International Postdocs
The Dahlem Humanities Center (DHC) of Freie Universität Berlin is pleased to invite postdoctoral researchers from the humanities to apply for the international postdoctoral fellowship program IRF.
Dahlem Humanities Center offers
7 Postdoctoral Fellowships (6 months).
Starting in May 2012, each fellowship is awarded for six months to support junior researchers carrying out a defined research project at Freie Universität Berlin. The program is designed to support the career of distinguished postdoctoral students, and to facilitate co-operations between Freie Universität and international researchers from selected partner organizations, which are: Columbia University, Johns Hopkins University, The University of Chicago, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, University of Cambridge, Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa and École des hautes études en sciences sociales. Please note that only applications from candidates linked to these institutions can be accepted.
The program is open to proposals from all disciplines of the humanities. Fellows aiming for further outside funding for subsequent projects will receive professional assistance from the research division of Freie Universität.
Deadline for applications: February 15, 2012
Terms and Conditions
- The fellowship program is exclusively available to researchers from the following institutions:
- Columbia University
- The Johns Hopkins University
- The University of Chicago
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- University of Cambridge
- Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa
- École des hautes études en sciences sociales.
Qualified candidates are those who have either received their PhDs from one of these institutions or else have had a professional association with it for at least one year prior to the start of the fellowship term.
- The fellowship is available to applicants who have been awarded their PhD within the last 10 years.
- Applicants may not hold a tenured position.
- Applicants are advised to determine an appropriate contact or mentor at Freie Universität.
- The fellowship is 2.500 Euro per month for a term of 6 months (from May 1, 2012 – October 31, 2012).
- The fellow will be expected to be resident in Berlin for the fellowship’s term.
- The fellow is expected to actively participate in the DHC’s conferences and workshops.
Complete application must be submitted via e-mail by February 15, 2012. Please send the application package as a single PDF file to email@example.com. Applications must include (in this order):
- Completed application form (download here)
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae, including list of publications
- Research proposal (max. 2.500 words), including a work plan for 6 months
- Letter of recommendation from two professors familiar with your work
- Copy of a certificate / certificates stating subject, supervisor, grade and date of your PhD.
The applications are reviewed and selected by a committee of Professors from different fields of the humanities at Freie Universität. The interviews of possible candidates will take place in the beginning of March 2012, either by telephone, Skype or video-conference. Candidates who are invited will be contacted by e-mail in due course prior to date.
For more information or questions, please contact the DHC’s Managing Director Katja Heinrich, firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 (0)30 838 55057, or Project Coordinator Emily Martin, email@example.com.