Annual Closing Extended beyond Christmas Holidays to January 10, 2021
News from Dec 14, 2020
Following prior consultation with the State of Berlin and the other universities and colleges in the city, it was decided on December 14, 2020, that said universities and colleges will remain at phase 2 of Berlin’s phased plan for university operations with pandemic-related protective measures for the time being.
The new measures will have the following consequences for members of Freie Universität Berlin:
- The annual closing period over the winter holidays will be extended to January 10, 2021.
- The current exceptions for areas such as experimental research, for example, will remain in place.
- The university libraries will only be open for lending services as of Wednesday, December 16, 2020. The reading rooms will be closed until January 10, 2021.
- Likewise, the computer labs and other common areas for students will be closed from December 16, 2020, to January 10, 2021.
- Employees are expected to work primarily from home during the extended closure of university buildings.
- Any further changes set to have an impact on university operations within the State of Berlin in the coming days will be posted to the coronavirus information website of Freie Universität Berlin at www.fu-berlin.de/en/sites/coronavirus.