News from Jun 23, 2020
The following information was recently updated or added to the FAQs:
- Official travel requests can be submitted now for travel as of July 5, 2020. Approval still depends on travel warnings and restrictions that are susceptible to change.
- More libraries have opened and are providing lending services with minimal physical contact. Visit this page to learn more about how to check out library items.
- Most examinations at Freie Universität will continue to be conducted remotely, though there are a few exceptions. Oral exams that are part of your final thesis, if required by the current degree program and examinations regulations, can be completed either remotely through a video conference or in person while adhering to the necessary hygiene regulations. The option of waiving oral examinations for Bachelor’s or Master’s theses expires July 20, 2020. You can find extensive information about taking examinations during the pandemic here.
- Information for students with children as well as information about schools and daycare centers resuming regular operations can be found here.
- The information for Freie Universität students who are studying or planning to study abroad and exchange students who are studying at Freie Universität, as well as the information on studying abroad in general, have also been updated in light of the current developments.
- Students who have fallen on hard times financially during the pandemic now have the opportunity to apply for interim financial aid from the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF).