Springe direkt zu Inhalt

Studying with Children

If you are taking care of a young child or children, if you are caring for family members, or if you are working while studying, then you can request a leave of absence or change your official status to part-time student

A leave of absence or switching to part-time status might influence things like BAföG payments or scholarships. The Social Counseling Center through the Studierendenwerk Berlin can provide you with advice and support.

The Family Service office has set up a Wiki with information for students with children. The information provided there will be updated as needed. The Center for Academic Advising and Psychological Counseling at Freie Universität Berlin also provides counseling and support concerning your studies or if you are in a stressful situation.