What regulations are currently in place at Freie Universität?
After intensive consultations, Covid-19 Task Force has decided on the following measures for studying and teaching at Freie Universität Berlin over the next several weeks:
- From December 13, 2021, to January 17, 2021, courses that do not necessarily have to be held in person shall be increasingly offered in digital or hybrid formats. Courses that involve hands-on learning, practical activities, as well as exams or other educational activities scheduled to take place on site can, with good cause, still do so. The academic departments and institutes are responsible for arranging the specifics for teaching in their areas given their respective needs and facilities.
- We ask that all instructors continue to be flexible when it comes to attendance requirements and to be accommodating to students in light of the impact the pandemic is having on them.
- Our campus, libraries, computer labs, and other research facilities will remain open to university members.
- In January 2021, we will reassess the situation with the departments and offices responsible for academic affairs and teaching and inform you of how we plan to proceed as soon as possible.
We have intensified our health and safety measures in order to ensure that we are doing all we can to protect each other while maintaining on-site operations. You can find the updated measures in our revised basic hygiene plan.
Here are some of the main points:
- Strict observation of the standard health and safety precautions;
- The 3G rule applies to all university members, and the 2G rule applies to cafeterias and events;
- Attendance of in-person courses, exams, etc. must be documented using the appropriate digital technology (QR codes and the "a.nwesen.de" app);
- FFP2 masks must be worn at all times when inside - except for the person presenting;
- You are strongly encouraged to continue to get tested regularly, even if you are vaccinated or recovered.
On November 24, 2021, new safety measures based on recent amendments to legislation on protection against infection have been implemented in order to limit the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic. As an employer, two new measures are particularly relevant for Freie Universität Berlin, namely the introduction of the 3G rule at the workplace and the requirement to allow employees to work remotely