Freie Universität Berlin is proud of its success and is cherishing the cooperation with the China Scholarship Council.
It is important to us that the Chinese doctoral students who are coming to Freie Universität Berlin under the CSC program quickly feel at home at the university.
The Center of International Cooperation (CIC) of Freie Universität is in charge of the CSC program, including the support of CSC scholarship holders throughout their stay in Berlin.
Special emphasis is placed on a thorough preparation before going abroad and the initial phase of the research stay in Berlin.
Here is a list of benefits and preparatory measures offered by Freie Universität Berlin for last year's CSC scholarship holders:
- Support with the visa application process
- Support with arranging accommodation in Berlin
- Support with registration as a PhD student at Freie Universität Berlin
- Two-days Pre-Departure Seminar in Beijing in June 2015, including Q+A sessions with Alumni of Freie Universität and CSC representative
- Orientation week at Freie Universität Berlin in September 2015
- Supporting with registration to a three-weeks German crash course at Freie Universität Berlin, offered in September 2015
- Access to free German and English language courses throughout the entire research stay at Freie Universität
Overview of this year's call for applications in FU-CSC PhD Program (Start of PhD study in Berlin September 2015).