Please be aware:Sandwich type PhD study means a research stay about 1-2 years. The PhD degree will be conferred by the Chinese home university!
The following documents should be submitted by e-mail only to: email@example.com.
- Application Form for Admission to Doctoral Studies for CSC Candidates (download here: Word document or PDF file)
- Candidates should specify in their application that they apply under the FU-CSC Program and cooperation agreement.
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- Letter of Motivation
- Convincing statement (2-3 pages) about the research topic offered by the professor and related to your own academic background, focusing on the respective PhD offer, including a time schedule for the research stay in Berlin.
- Two letters of recommendation by university professors with the letter head, seal of the institue and the signature of the professor. One of the letters has to be issued by the PhD supervisor in China.
- University degrees, each with: degree certificate (学位证), graduation certificate (毕业证), academic record (成绩单) and admission certificate to PhD-studies in China. Note: Authorized (由学校出具) English translations of Chinese documents are sufficient for this application. Notarization (公证) of the translations will only be required at a later stage.
- Language certificates for English OR German (depending on the requirement of the open position you want to apply for):
- IELTS certificate with an overall rating of 6.5 (no module below 5.5) or
- TOEFL iBT certificate with a total score of at least 95 points (no test section below 20 points)
- TestDaF certificate with a total score of at least 16 points – no subtest below 4 – or
- DSH-2 certificate
Your application documents have to be submitted by e-mail only (pdf-files) to: firstname.lastname@example.org