The following documents should be submitted via email to: email@example.com.
- “Application Form for Admission to Doctoral Studies for CSC Candidates” (download here: Word document or PDF file).
- Candidates should specify in their application that they apply under the FU-CSC Program and cooperation agreement
- Curriculum vitae (C.V.)
- Motivation letter including a convincing statement fitting the respective offer of PhD project, related to the academic background (1-2 pages) and including a time schedule for the research stay in Berlin.
- Two letters of recommendation by university professors. For full PhD studies at Freie Universität, one letter has to be from the supervisor of the Master’s thesis in China.
- Research Proposal (optional)
- University degrees, each with: degree certificate (学位证), graduation certificate (毕业证), academic record (成绩单). Note: Authorized (由学校出具) English translations of Chinese documents are sufficient for this application. Notarization (公证) of the translations will only be required at a later stage.
Please note! Candidates for full PhD studies: Send us your abstract of Master thesis in English.
If the Master studies have not been finished by the time of application to Freie Universität Berlin: a statement certifying when the Master Diploma will be obtained is sufficient.
- Language certificates for English OR German (depending on the requirement of the open position you want to apply for).
IELTS certificate with an overall rating of 6.5 (no module below 5,5) or a TOEFL iBT certificate with a total score of at least 95 points (no test section below 20 points)
TestDaF certificate with a total score of at least 16 points – no subtest below 4 – OR "DSH-2" certificate.
Your application documents have to be submitted by e-mail only (pdf-files) to: firstname.lastname@example.org