CfA, Berlin Graduate School of Ancient Studies, PhD scholarships, Deadline: 1 December 2018
News from Sep 28, 2018
The Graduate School Scholarship Program (GSSP) of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering two doctoral scholarships to research and complete a doctorate within the “Languages and Cultures of the Silk Road” program at the Berlin Graduate School of Ancient Studies (BerGSAS). We welcome applications from highly qualified graduates from the academic fields of Central and East Asian Archaeology, Central Asian studies, Iranian studies, Turkology. Candidates must hold an outstanding Master's degree, or equivalent degree, in one of the afore mentioned subjects or be very close to completion.
The scholarship is available from October 2019 for three or four years (subject to a satisfactory annual progress review).
The call is open only to applicants
- who are not German citizens
- who have not resided in Germany continuously for longer than 12 months as of the application deadline
- their last final exam (M.A.) should have taken place no longer than 5 years and 9 months ago
Candidates must send their application before December 1st, 2018 to: email@example.com
The application procedure takes place in two stages:
1) Candidates submit their applications, including the documents mentioned above, to
2) Short-listed candidates are invited for an interview (on Skype) within two months of the
If you have been selected for a scholarship by BerGSAS you will be required to upload your application to the DAAD submission system. BerGSAS will prepare a shortlist, while DAAD will make the final choice. Admission to studies and receiving of a scholarship is based on assessments by both the hosting university and DAAD.
For further inquiries, please contact the BerGSAS Coordinators:
- Dr. Regina Attula, firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- Dr. Carmen Marcks-Jacobs, email@example.com