A fast-track doctoral program for talented students completing their Bachelor's degree or above offered by the Berlin Mathematical School
News from Sep 28, 2014
The Berlin Mathematical School offers a fast-track doctoral program in the rapidly developing scientific landscape of Berlin presenting an exciting variety of possibilities both for mathematical research and graduate education. The Berlin Mathematical School is a joint endeavor of the mathematics’ departments at the universities in Berlin: Freie Universität (FU), Humboldt-Universität (HU) and Technische Universität (TU).
BMS offers an excellent doctoral program taught in English in a broad and active research environment together with mentoring programs, language courses, soft-skills seminars, funding for summer schools and conferences, a buddy program and funding for students with children.
BMS Research Areas are:
1. Differential geometry, global analysis, and mathematical physics
2. Algebraic and arithmetic geometry, number theory
3. Probability, statistics, and financial mathematics
4. Discrete mathematics and combinatorial optimization
5. Geometry, topology, and visualization
6. Numerical mathematics and scientific computing
7. Applied analysis and differential equations
Admission to Phase I: possible with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Admission to Phase II: possible with a Master’s degree or equivalent
For detailed information, please go to: Application