Springe direkt zu Inhalt

Study at Freie Universität Berlin

The Silver and Rusty Cabin -  Main Bulding of FUB

The Silver and Rusty Cabin - Main Bulding of FUB
Image Credit: Caroline Brachmann

If you have an Abitur certificate, then the same regulations are valid as for German applicants, and you apply for most programs directly to Freie Universität Berlin. For Pharmacy and Veterinary Medicine only, you must apply via the Zentralstelle für die Vergabe von Studienplätzen (the German central office for the allocation of student placements).

With an International Baccalaureate (IB), you must apply via www.uni-assist.de, an institution which will check to see whether your IB is recognized as an equivalent to the Abitur. Your application can then be forwarded to Freie Universität Berlin.

Proof of German language proficiency is expected of all applicants (except for the Undergraduate Degree Program in North America Studies). For a number of programs, knowledge of English too must be demonstrated (min. TOEFL IBT 80 p). Some programs require a higher level of English proficiency and/or a knowledge of other languages.

As a rule, programs begin in winter semester (mid-October). There are some programs which begin in both summer (starting in mid-April) and winter semesters, but they can change every year. The application deadline for winter semester is usually the 15th of July, and the 15th of January for summer semester.

campus.leben - Das Online-Magazin der Freien Universität Berlin