Living in Berlin
Young people in particular are captivated by the creativity and liveliness of Germany’s capital, where more than 180,000 students attend 13 public and 31 private universities. With its turbulent history, Berlin is a laboratory of the future and a testing ground for the latest trends, a place where art and pop culture clash and where East and West collide, spraying sparks.
- Alien Registration Authority (Ausländerbehörde; form also in English language)
- Berlin: culture & history
- City map (in German)
- Emergencies (medical doctors, pharmacies, lost & found, ambulance)
- Guest Houses and Youth Hostels for the first days
- Public transportation in Berlin
- The Studierendenwerk's Services for international students (jobs, student dorms, counselling)
- What's on in Berlin?
- Weather in Berlin (Dahlem)