The event provides a comprehensive overview of the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (Horizon 2020) for those who have little or no experience with the programme yet.
Participants shall gain an overall understanding of the programme’s logic and functioning und thus be enabled to identify a suitable section of the programme and upcoming calls, to evaluate their chances for success and to submit proposals.
The event will address the following questions:
• What is the background for EU research funding?
• How is EU research funding organized and structured? (calls, topics, buttom up vs. top down approach etc.)
• What are the different programme sections? Which target groups do they address?
• What does an EU proposal look like? How is the evaluation process organized?
• What are my chances for success? What programme section is the “right choice” for me?
• What prerequisites do I have to meet in order to be eligible to submit a proposal?
• How does the proposal submission work technically (Introduction to the electronic application system, the Participant Portal)?
• What are eligible costs? How does the financial management work?
• Where can I receive support for my proposal writing or on how to find suitable project partners?
Individual interests and needs are happily addressed; there will be enough time dedicated to answer individual questions and (possibly after the official part) to discuss individual cases.
The workshop addresses post-doctoral researchers at all levels of their career and doctoral candidates that are currently in the last year of their PhD. Prior knowledge on EU research funding is not required!
We kindly request a binding registration until 17th May 2017 here. The available number of places is limited to 60. Please note that the workshop admits FU members only.
May 30, 2017 | 09:00 AM s.t. - 12:00 PM
FU Berlin, Seminarzentrum, Room L116
Dr. Thomas Weitner