The Moscow Office of Freie Universität Berlin provides services for all members of Freie Universität Berlin, its alumni, and (prospective) students, researchers, and partners in Russia and the CIS, who want to inform themselves about Freie Universität Berlin and its offers in Russia, and who are interested in cooperation.
As a first contact point the Moscow Office answers questions about undergraduate and graduate study programs in Berlin and Russia, gives advice on doctoral/PhD studies and research stays at Freie Universität, and supports the initiation and furthers the development of joint projects with Russian partners, including advice about funding mobility and research.
The responsibilities of the Moscow Office include:
- Furthering the exchange of students and scholars between Freie Universität Berlin and Russia
- Increasing the visibility of Freie Universität in Russia and the region and highlighting its excellent academic profile
- Informing Russian students and scholars about German and European funding opportunities
- Identifying suitable Russian partners for research cooperation
- Supporting research cooperation through the establishment of joint courses and degrees
- Organizing alumni events and lectures in order to contribute to sustainable academic exchange