The Beijing Office was opened in 2007 to promote study and research at the Freie Universität, to facilitate and initiate collaboration in teaching and research, and to attract Chinese PhD students and Postdocs for doing research at Freie Universität in the framework of the joint program with the China Scholarship Council.
The responsibilities of the Freie Universität Beijing Office include:
- Furthering the exchange of students and scholars between Freie Universität, China and Hong Kong
- Increasing the visibility of Freie Universität in China and Hong Kong and the region and highlighting its excellent academic profile
- Informing Chinese students and scholars about German and European funding opportunities
- Identifying suitable Chinese partners for research cooperation
- Supporting research cooperation through the establishment of joint courses and degrees
- Organizing alumni events and lectures in order to contribute to sustainable academic exchange