Internal Promotion of Research
The Research Committee is a joint committee of the Academic Senate and the Executive Board of Freie Universität Berlin.
It makes recommendations to the Executive Board of Freie Universität Berlin in support of research projects.
The Research Committee allocates funding within the university for the purpose of initiating and developing new research projects as well as to initiate multidisciplinary research areas. In addition, junior scientists and scholars are supported in pursuing academic careers.
Further information is included in the
- Informational leaflet: (PDF-file), in German.
- Application form (docx-file), in German
- Form for statement of departments (docx-file), in German
Application deadline and session date for 2020
|Application Deadline||Session Date|
|January 31, 2020||February 17, 2020|
|April 24, 2020||May 11, 2020|
|June 26, 2020||July 13, 2020|
|November 6, 2020||November 23, 2020|
Office of Research Committee
The Office of the Research Committee is in charge of the logistical organization of the Research Committee.
Allocation of complementary resources for approved external funding projects at Freie Universität Berlin
In addition, the Office of the Research Committee is responsible for the allocation of complementary resources, which are used to support approved externally funded projects of the German Research Foundation (DFG) and the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) that are carried out at Freie Universität Berlin.
- Individual projects of the German Research Foundation and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (Research Database)
- DFG Collaborative Research Centres
- DFG Research Units
- DFG Research Training Groups
- German National Initiative for Excellence Competition: Clusters of Excellence and Graduate Schools
Anika Fröhlich (Office of Research Committee, VI B 2)
Phone: +49 30 838-736 21
Fax: +49 30 838-736 05