Workshop by Center for Digital Systems (CeDiS)
Researchers at the Freie Universität Berlin
Make your Research More Visible. Publishing for Career Progress
Academic publishing is changing: a growing number of institutions supports open access to research publications and data, social networks and blogs are becoming an important part of scientific and scholarly communication, new needs for funding and support arise. This workshop aims at discussing the pros and cons of these changes, presents the core elements of open access publishing and offers a space to discuss the questions of the participants.
The workshop is targeted at researchers who want to increase the visibility of their research and find out more about how changing patterns of academic communication can impact research dissemination and enhance citations.
- New modes of academic communication: open access journals, repositories and academic social networks
- Showcase benefits of open access for dissemination of research results
- Discuss doubts, reservations and barriers
- Overview of services at Freie Universität Berlin
- Funding options for open access publishing
Zeit & Ort
31.05.2018 | 10:00 - 13:00
JK 30/151 (Erdgeschoss)
Habelschwerdter Allee 45