Candidates may apply if they are a member of one of the doctoral programs of Dahlem Research School and
- they have submitted their dissertation or defended their dissertation no longer than 6 months before the application deadline
- they completed their doctoral studies within 3.5 years (time between begin of studies and submission of dissertation). In exceptional circumstances a duration of up to 4.5 years may be accepted.
- their supervisor provides a reference letter in which the quality of the dissertation is evaluated
- they are supported by a professor of Freie Universität Berlin who agrees to act as scientific advisor during the time of the fellowship
- they have developed and propose an interdisciplinary and innovative research project
In order to strengthen the academic networks of Freie Universität Berlin, collaborative research projects with existing or potential partner institutions are highly welcome.