Naji El Choubassi
Originally from Lebanon, Naji El Choubassi received his M.A. in Biochemistry from Freie Universität in 2017. He is currently a doctoral student at Charité.
What do you miss from your time at Freie Universität Berlin (people, places, special features)?
- The international atmosphere,
- the great help you get from everyone,
- workshops in front of the Mensa and the free bags full of goodies and ads :),
- the Philological Library ("The Brain"),
- the beautiful Campus Library in the "Holzlaube",
- the huge Mensa II and the Veggie Mensa,
- the Freie Universität Institute of Chemistry and Biochemistry where I studied during my stay - the Hahn Meitner Building has so much history behind it I am so honoured to have worked and studied there,
- in general, the great facilities offered for students,
- and I would have never met many of my friends in the German classes.
- Lastly, I would not have become a face of Freie Universität without the photoshoot session, where my photos were on the university website and social media channels! That was so honouring and I am grateful for that. :D
Which experience, meeting with a particular person, or event at Freie Universität has special significance for you?
I met my best friend in a tandem program organised by the Freie Universität Language Center.
If I could give my university a present for their 70th birthday…
...I would give so much love to everyone who made this amazing institution what it is today!