The students will attend high quality academic courses taught in English by the distinguished FUBiS-faculty. One group of students will take the course “Understanding Mobile Communication?, which is offered and organised especially for them, while a second group will attend an interdisciplinary Social Science course entitled “How to cope with a world in disarray?
In addition to that the group will be offered a range of excursions, cultural activities and visits to German and international scientific and political institutions, organised by the International Office of Freie Universität Berlin.
With its academic courses and intensive German language courses in Berlin, FUBiS brings together international students and enhances cross-cultural understanding.
By taking part in this unique opportunity to study in Germany, the students will become part of the lively International Summer University community while getting to know German life today and learning about study opportunities in Germany.
General Information about FUBiS:
- FUBiS takes place in two terms:
Term I (6 weeks): June 3 to July 15, 2006
Term II (4 weeks): July 22 to August 19, 2006
- FUBiS offers 25 different courses within the fields of History, Architecture, German Culture, Literature and Art, Environmental Policy, European Studies etc.
- Students can combine academic courses with German language courses on five different levels of proficiency.
- Most academic courses are taught in English. This enables students to benefit from the unique opportunity of studying abroad in Berlin, regardless of whether they speak German or not. Additionally, students can participate in one of the German language courses.
- All courses are taught by the distinguished FUBiS-faculty, consisting of highly qualified German and international professors.
- Courses are open to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Students will earn credits per course based on the number of contact hours and workload.