Students can request part-time study approval for the following reasons:
- the student is working;
- to care for and raise a child up to the age of 10 years;
- to care for close relatives who require care within the meaning of the German Act on Long-Term Care Leave (Pflegezeitgesetz);
- a disability renders or chronic illness part-time study necessary;
- while the student is pregnant;
- while the student is serving a term in office for a body of the university, the student body, or the Studentenwerk Berlin student union; or for other serious reasons
Please submit your part-time study application form along with the appropriate proof by postal mail to the Student Administration office. PhD/ Doctoral degree candidates are kindly requested to provide additional approval issued by the respective doctoral committee.