The following documents are required in order to enroll in a continuing education Master’s degree program by mail:
- Your completed Enrollment Application,
if you are not yet enrolled at Freie Universität Berlin
Application to Change Programs,
if you are already enrolled at Freie Universität Berlin and wish to change programs
- Copy of your admissions notice
- If applicable, officially certified copy of your earlier degree or certificate (not required when the degree was completed at Freie Universitaet Berlin), along with an official translation if your degree or certificate was issued in any language other than German or English
- A copy of a valid form of identification (e. g., passport or ID) verifying your complete surname, first name, date of birth, address and expiration date
You are permitted to black out sections that are irrelevant to the proof of your identity. The copy´s sole purpose is to verify your identity and to protect you from potential identity theft. Once your enrollment is completed this copy is immediately destroyed (not required if you already have been enrolled at Freie Universität Berlin).
- If applicable, copy of your certificate of withdrawal from the student register (Exmatrikulationsbescheinigung) from your most recently attended German university (not required if you already have been enrolled at Freie Universität Berlin)
- A copy of your bank statement or transfer voucher verifying the payment of semester fees and contributions as well as the costs of your transportation pass (Semesterticket) payable to: Freie Universität Berlin, IBAN: DE09100708480512164503, BIC: DEUTDEDB110, Bank: Berliner Bank, intended purpose: Neu_your last name/ your first name/ name of your program
Please note: if you are transferring your payment from abroad, please be sure to adjust the sum accordingly to accommodate any incurring bank transfer fees
- If you have foreign higher education entrance qualifications, please enclose an officially certified copy of proof of sufficient command of German (DSH, TestDaF)
- If you are not a German citizen, a copy of your passport and valid student visa or applicant visa. Please contact the Foreigners Registration Office online to arrange an appointment in advance.
Your enrollment will be finalized once all requirements are met including full payment confirmation of all fees and contributions as well as the costs of your transportation pass (Semesterticket) to the Freie Universität Berlin. Thereafter, you will receive your enrollment certificates by postal mail. Information on the status of your enrollment application is available over the online application portal.