Students can request part-time study approval for the following reasons:
- the student is working
- to care for and raise a child up to the age of 10 years
- to care for close relatives who require care within the meaning of the German Act on Long-Term Care Leave (Pflegezeitgesetz)
- a disability renders or chronic illness part-time study necessary
- while the student is pregnant
- while the student is serving a term in office for a body of the university, the student body, or the Studierendenwerk Berlin student union; or for other serious reasons
Please submit your part-time study application form along with the appropriate proof with the Student Administration office no later than at the start of the respective semester (April 1st or October 1st). PhD/ Doctoral degree candidates are kindly requested to provide additional approval issued by the respective doctoral committee.