All of the stated time limits are exclusion periods specified by law. For all applications for which an application for admission and supporting documents are to be submitted, the full application documents must be received in the required form at the relevant location (higher education institution, uni-assist, or Hochschulstart) by 11:59 p.m. on the due date. The date and time stamped on the documents when received by the recipient is the operative factor, not the postmark date. Faxes and E-mails are not accepted.
1. Application time limits for the following selection procedures:
- for internal higher education institution procedures for allocation of placements in the first and higher subject-specific semesters (all applicants)
- the dialogue-oriented service procedure (DOSV) (all applicants)
- pharmacy and veterinary medicine for the first subject-specific semester for non-EU and non-EEA applicants
- parmacy and veterinary medicine for higher subject-specific semesters (all applicants)
for the winter semester: first business day in June until July 15
for the summer semester: first business day in December until January 15
2. Application deadlines for study programs with nationwide limitations on admissions ("Hochschulstart"):
These time limits apply only to applications for the first subject-specific semester by applicants from an EU Member State, International students with German university entrance qualifications - regardless of nationality (Bildungsinländer) and citizens of countries that are signatories to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA), but are not members of the European Union; these are Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway.
for the winter semester:
- May 31 of the year in progress for those who have earned their higher education entrance qualification* prior to January 16 of that year and wish to apply through hochschulstart.de (termed “Alt-Abiturienten”)
- July 15 of the year in progress for the “new” applicants who earn their higher education entrance qualification* between January 16 and July 15 (inclusive) of the year in progress (termed “Neu-Abiturienten”).
* Higher education entrance qualification: for a second study program = time of degree in first study program / for those with professional qualifications in group 3 = entrance examination
for the summer semester:
January 15 for all applicants
3. Registration deadlines for study programs with no limitations on admissions internally within Freie Universität Berlin:
For the registration and enrollment deadlines for single-subject (“mono”) bachelor's degree programs with no limitations on admissions, please see the academic calendar.
4. Application time limits for lottery procedure / DOSV:
- for the winter semester: September 09 – September 14
- for the summer semester: March 8 – March 12
» continue with "Admission notices and notices of denial of application"