On this page, you will find information concerning the introduction of a new library management system (Alma) at Freie Universität Berlin, which will go productive on 4 January 2017.
During the phase of transition to the new software, there will be some unavoidable restrictions in functionality.
- Inter-library-loan requests will be accepted through 20 November 2016 only.
- Hold requests for items currently out on loan will be possible through 30 November 2016 only. Hold requests that have not been fulfilled by 22 December 2016 will have to be submitted again after 4 January 2017.
- Requests from closed stacks will be possible through 22 December 2016, 18:00.
- No regular requests, no hold requests, and no account activities will be possible during the University-wide winter break from 23 December 2016 through 1 January 2017 and during the two following days: 2 and 3 January 2017.
- All libraries will remain closed during winter break and also on 2 January 2017.
- The following libraries will open on 3 January 2017 – but with no possibilities of checking media in or out:
Campus Library, Philological Library, Institute for Theater Studies Library, Law Library, Library for Social Sciences and East European Studies (Reading Room only), Economics Library.
All other libraries, including the University Library, will remain closed on 3 January 2017.
- Purchase suggestions submitted after 28 November 2016 will be deferred to next year.
Please note that some service modalities will change with the transition.
Find mor information about the Alma project or ... ask a librarian!