In the transition to the new library management system (Alma), the Freie Universität Berlin libraries have harmonized their service and loan modalities.
Summary of Service and Loan Modalities as of 4 January 2017
- Freie Universität Berlin students log in to the library portal Primo and to thin clients at the Freie Universität libraries with their FU Account / ZEDAT Account.
- For Freie Universität students, only official FU Account e-mail addresses will be accepted.
- All notifications issued through the library management system (except for third dunning notices) will be sent out as e-mails only.
- Over-due notices will be sent out immediately after the end of the loan period.
- The loan period for items from textbook collections is two weeks at all Freie Universität libraries. Hold requests will be possible if all copies of a work are taken out. Extensions will be possible, unless there are hold requests.
- The maximum number of simultaneous loans per library has also been unified.
- Fees and fines can be paid at any library (except at the Meteorology Library) no matter at which library they were triggered.
- When outstanding fees and fines reach 10 Euros, user accounts will be blocked.