|Instructor||Christine Issa, Ph.D.|
|Number of Places||12|
|Registration||→ Register online|
|Room||Dahlem Research School, Hittorfstraße 16|
Mo. 01 Juni 2015, 9:00-17:00
For doctoral candidates and postdocs (all disciplines).
Doing a doctorate brings a lot of challenges: In this workshop you
will gain clarity about your motivation and learn sufficient coping
strategies to successfully complete your doctorate. You will get to
know the phases of a Ph.D. project and gain deeper insight into the
mechanisms of common pitfalls, typical stumbling blocks and blockades.
You will develop a clear picture of your mindset and learn
some efficient strategies and techniques for sustainable self-motivation.
This will help you to activate your resources and focus on
your main goal – to successfully complete your doctorate.
• Gain clarity: phases, milestones, pitfalls on the way to a doctorate
• Define roles: being a doctoral candidate between aspirations,
expectations and reality
• Find motivation: coping with typical dissertation frustration,
• Lowering stress: mechanisms of typical stress pitfalls and offloading
• Activate resources: methods of efficient working
• Training units