Step 1: Applications must be submitted via the online application form.
Note: Problems can occur when text containing symbols, formulae, and/or any special formatting is copied into the online form. This can be avoided by checking the text first with the standard text editor on your computer.
Step 2: In order to complete your application you are required to send us further documents:
(1) POINT CV Template (download template here)
(2) Candidates applying for the Focus Area "Center for Area Studies” and “Dahlem Humanities Center” are requested to submit a project outline for the intended research topic (of 3 to 5 DIN A4-pages). Candidates for the "Dahlem Humanities Center" have to determine an appropriate contact or mentor at Freie Universität. Ideally, a short confirmation of the mentor should be part of the application package.
(3) A Letter of Motivation (max. 1 DIN A4-page)
(4) Scanned signed letters from at least 2 of the referees named in the POINT CV template
(5) A scanned copy of your PhD, MA and BA certificates (or equivalent qualifications)
Note: All application documents must be submitted in English.
For the Letter of Motivation please use 2 cm top, bottom and side margins, font Arial, font size 10, 1.5 line spacing.
Step 3: Submit your application
(1) Convert your documents into one pdf file, name it “appl.DRS-POINT-2013.lastname.firstname” and send it by e-mail to fellowship-drs[at]fu-berlin.de. Make sure your file does not exceed 10 MB in size.
(2) E-mail Subject: “Application for DRS-POINT-2013: lastname firstname”
(3) Deadline for submission: September 30, 2012
Once your application is complete, you will receive an acknowledgement together with an individual code number and login details for a secure web page to be able to view the anonymized selection results. Applicants will be notified by e-mail when new results are announced.