The degree is designed as a two year, full-time program in Almaty. The last semester includes writing and defending a Master's thesis and passing an oral examination.
Studies are primarily in English (minimum 70 percent) and in Russian. Students with knowledge of German may also choose to take “German for special purposes” as an elective course.
Among the most important subjects for specialization are:
• Methodology of field research,
• Construction and technical facilitation of water installations,
• Water systems and climate/environment,
• Data gathering and evaluation,
• Project management,
• Water policy and water legislation,
• Integrated water resources management,
• Management and economics of water resources,
• Water supply and effluent disposal.
You can find an overview of the course of study and the modules here for download as a PDF document.