- Proven expertise in gender studies
- Quality of the research and/or teaching proposal and relevance to current research at Freie Universität Berlin
- Academic career and performance (publications, awards, etc.) particularly in the field of gender studies
- Teaching a minimum of 2 hours a week at Freie Universität Berlin. Co-teaching or specialist lectures is also possible and special consideration will be given to research-based teaching plans
- Collaboration with the Margherita von Brentano Center at Freie Universität Berlin
- Inaugural lecture
A Network Professorship is an appointment as a visiting professor and must adhere to the placement requirements of § 100 of the Berlin Higher Education Act (BerlHG), i.e. the candidate must demonstrate a professorial qualification or equivalent.