• Safeguarding data security
• Consultation, support and control with regard to compliance with the data protection acts
• Consultation regarding the planning and implementation of IT projects
• Provision of training on data security-related subjects to employees in charge of processing personal data
• Prior checking (examination of automated processes involving special risks)
• Creating transparency by keeping registers of the processes in which personal data are processed
• Contact person for all members of an organisation
The duties of the authority's data security official are laid down by law in Section 19a BlnDSG and the BDSG. The data security official is free from direction in the performance of his statutory duties.