On 7 July 2016, University Library Circulation Desk and Information Center reopened in the newly rehabilitated part of the 2nd floor (1. OG).
- Access to the Open Stacks and the Textbook Collection is again be from the 2nd floor, as it was before the rehaul.
- There is a new separate room accessible directly from the stairs area for the copy machines, pay station and MensaCard charger.
- Access to the group study rooms has also been restored the way it was before; keys can be requested at the Information Center on 2nd floor.
- The UN and EU Documentation Center, which used to be located in the Reading Room zone is now also installed in the Information Center area.
Constuction work took quite exactly one year. We thank you for your tolerance of inconveniences during that long period.
What was done?
- New cabling
- New flooring
- New lighting
- Rehabilitation of windows
- New furniture
- New wayfinding system (still in progress)
- Renewal of fire alarm system (throughout the building)
- Relocation of UN and EU Documentation Center to 2nd floor
- New group study rooms in the area over Harnackstraße (compeleted in 2015)