Whether in the classroom, the laboratory, or the cafeteria, diversity can be found everywhere on campus. At the university people with different backgrounds get together: they explore, discuss, and collaborate on numerous research topics – from artificial skin models to European policy or theories of Greek philosophers. Everyone’s experiences are different, from the way they travel to campus, their favorite places on campus, activities outside the classroom, jobs, volunteer work, and so on.
Thank you for submitting your videos to our video contest "Diversity at Freie Universität"! The winners will be announced at the beginning of the winter semester 2016/2017.
Win Attractive Prizes
- 1st Prize: 1x iPad Air 2
- 2nd and 3rd prize: 1x iPad Mini
- Audience Choice Award: 1x annual pass for the Yorck Kinos
A four-member jury will judge your videos and nominate the top three winners. The jurors are:
- Anja Kretschmer, Journalist and lecturer in media practice, Division of Journalism Studies, Institute for Media and Communication Studies, Freie Universität Berlin
- Volker Heise, Filmmaker, director, and producer
- Tanya Gryniva, Student majoring in theater and art history; editor at couchFM, the Berlin Campus Radio
- Peter Lange, Deputy chairperson of the Ernst Reuter Association of Friends, Supporters, and Alumni of Freie Universität Berlin
In addition, the audience will vote on its favorite video on the official YouTube channel of Freie Universität. The video with the most Likes will win the Audience Choice Award. TBA here, when the online voting starts.
Short, Understandable, and GEMA-free
- Your video should be one to three minutes long.
- Both German and English texts are allowed; for all other languages, you must provide subtitles.
- It is crucial that all those you show in your video agree to public screening (e.g., via YouTube) and that you use royalty-free music. Music under Creative Commons provisions can be found for example on YouTube or Jamendo.
Conditions of Participation
To participate, you must accept our Terms of Participation.
Submission by Mail or Email
Submit your video on a disk (CD, DVD, or USB flash drive) or via a download link to:
- Freie Universität Berlin, Office of News and Public Affairs, Subject: "Diversity Video Contest," Kaiserswerther Straße 16-18, 14195 Berlin
- firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: "Diversity Video Contest"
For further information, read our Terms of Participation.
Final Submission Deadline
The original submission deadline of July 22, 2016, has been extended to August 5, 2016!
If you have any questions…
... please direct them to the Office of News and Public Affairs:
Have fun and good luck!