United Nations – Past, Present, Future
Traveling Exhibition at Freie Universität until September 20, 2017 / Public Reading on September 6, 2017
№ 230/2017 from Sep 04, 2017
The history of the United Nations, its organization, tasks, and challenges are the subject of a traveling exhibition that will be on display until September 20 in the University Library of Freie Universität. A glimpse into the world of the United Nations is provided through illustrated information displays and other exhibits. During the same period, as part of the Berlin International Literature Festival, there will be a public reading at the University Library on September 6 on the subject of human rights. The exhibition and the reading are both free of charge.
The exhibition shows in retrospect the structures and actors of the United Nations' 70-year history and today's organizational structure. It includes descriptions of present and future challenges of the global organization that was established to ensure peace, stability, sustainability, and the protection of human rights. On September 6 at the exhibition, members of Amnesty International will participate in the reading performance "Berlin reads." In line with this year's motto of the literature festival, they will present texts from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the campaign for human rights.
The exhibition was organized by the United Nations Association of Germany (UNA-Germany) in cooperation with the German Federal Foreign Office on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the United Nations. It is being shown at Freie Universität by the UN-EU Documentation Center of Freie Universität in cooperation with the DGVN.
Time and Location
- Friday, September 1, through Wednesday, September 20, 2017: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Foyer, University Library, Freie Universität Berlin, Garystraße 39, 14195 Berlin; subway station: Freie Universität/Thielplatz (U3).
- Wednesday, September 6, 2017, 4 p.m.
- Foyer, University Library, Freie Universität Berlin, Garystr. 39, 14195 Berlin
- UN-EU Documentation Center, University Library, Freie Universität Berlin, Tel.: +49 30 838- 523 99, Email: email@example.com
- Dr. Susanne Rothe, University Library, Freie Universität Berlin, Tel.: +49 30 838-533 59, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stefanie Krebs-Pahlke, Amnesty International Group 1581, Email: email@example.com