The conference will include 28 young scholars from 13 different countries. Their work was selected from a total of 140 proposals by the conference’s international selection committee. The selected scholars will present over the course of six days, in workshops organized according to the various research topics.
The Summer School is being organized by the Office of Medical Anthropology of the Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology at Freie Universität. All workshops and lectures will be conducted in English. Financial support has been provided by the Volkswagen Foundation. Freie Universität welcomes the following internationally renowned scientists, who will manage the workshops and give the opening lectures for each session:
- Heide Castañeda (University of South Florida, USA)
- Sylvie Fainzang (Cermes3/Inserm, Paris, France)
- Ian Harper (University of Edinburgh, UK)
- Lenore Manderson (Monash University, Australia)
- David Napier (University College London, UK)
- Vinh-Kim Nguyen (McGill University, Montreal, Canada)
- Peter Redfield (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA)
- Miriam Ticktin (New School for Social Research, New York, USA)
Times and Location:
The public, one-hour lectures and following discussions will take place in
- Lecture Hall 1B in the Silberlaube, located at Habelschwerdter Alle 45, 14195 Berlin, accessible from Subway Station Dahlem-Dorf or Thielplatz (Line U3). Lecture dates and times are as follows:
- July 22nd, 9:30 a.m.
- July 23rd, 9:00 a.m.
- July 25th, 9:00 a.m.
- July 26th, 9:00 a.m.