On November 29, 2012, by resolution of the UN General Assembly, Palestine was given the status of an observer state and is still not a full member of the United Nations. That would require the Security Council to pass a recommendation. In September 2011 Palestine made an official bid for full UN membership.
In preparation for the simulated session, the students will conduct research on the different attitudes of the various members of the Security Council. Students from different departments and universities will take on the roles of the UN representatives and spend a day debating the admission of Palestine to the United Nations. The conference language will be English.
- Deadline: December 19, 2012
- Information about the application procedure can be found on the Web: www.fu-berlin.de/mun
Conference Time and Location
- Model United Nations: Session of the UN Security Council on the Admission of New Members – Palestine
- Friday, February 8, 2012, 10:15 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Department of Law, Room 3302, Boltzmannstr. 3, 14195 Berlin